CL requires an experienced programmer to help us with our ever growing software development workload. Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute high quality code, tests, and documentation to CL projects
- Collaborate with project team members - discuss approach to new features, review pull requests, pair programming where applicable, etc.
- Communicate effectively with clients - attend meetings where possible, engage with queries and technical questions relating to projects
- Keep up-to-date with best practice and promising new technologies
In addition, the role requires configuration and maintenance of your own development environment, and access to
a suitable work environment. Cottage Labs does not have offices, and all members work remotely.
Although this is a remote working role, we are looking for a UK-based developer. Proximity to London, Milton Keynes or
Edinburgh preferred, for regular online meetings and
occasional in-person meetings (when that becomes possible again).
Cottage Labs has a variety of long-term projects with common components, and you should have proficiency in:
- Python [Essential]
- Flask [Important but not essential]
- HTML / CSS [Essential]
- ElasticSearch [Important but not essential]
- Git and GitHub [Important but not essential, knowledge of version control essential]
In addition to development, it may be necessary to perform deployments and diagnosis of running systems, for which
familiarity with Linux servers, remote access via SSH, and wider knowledge of web hosting would be useful.
In addition to the above technologies, we work in a wide variety of other languages as clients and situations
demand, including Ruby, Java, Node.js and SQL. Skill in these languages is not required, but any extra
capabilities you can bring would be a bonus.
- Remote working as standard (we have daily stand-ups and weekly team socials to maintain contact)
- Flexible working hours
- £35k - £45k depending on experience
To apply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.